Requirement For Admission Into The Federal College of Education (Technical), Gusau.
(A) One Year Preliminary NCE Course in the following areas
- Pre- NCE Science
- Pre- NCE Business, Technical and Vocational Education
- Pre- NCE languages, Special Needs education, Adult and Non Formal Education
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS (PRE-NCE)
Minimum of 4 ‘O’ Level papers, two of which must be relevant to the proposed course of study.
- WASC/GCE ordinary level/ SSCE with at least four (4) passes in English Language, Mathematics and two (2) other relevant subjects such as Physics, Biology, Agricultural Science, Chemistry, Technical Drawing, Wood work, Metal work, Basic Electronics, Applied Electricity, Auto Mechanics, French, Arabic, Shorthand, Food and Nutrition, etc.
- NABTEB ‘O’ level with at least four (4) passes in English Language, Mathematics and two other relevant subjects as above.
- City and Guilds/WAEC Technical/Craft Intermediate part II/ Course B certificate in civil, Mechanic or Electrical Trade respectively, plus Federal Craft certificate (FCC) with at least credit pass in four (4) academic subjects including Mathematics, Science, English and Social studies.
One Year Remedial Programme:-
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS (REMEDIAL)
Candidates must possess a minimum of two (2) passes in WASC/GCE/SSCE/TC II or equivalent.
Direct NCE programme through JAMB
School of Vocational and Technical Education
- Automobile Technology
- Building Technology
- Metal work
- Wood work
- Agricultural Science
- Home Economics
- Fine and Applied Art
- Business Education
School of Secondary Education
- Integrated Science
- Computer Science
School of Primary Education and Early Child Care Education (ECCE)
- Primary Education Studies (Double Major)
- Early Child Care Education (ECCE)
School of Adult And Non Formal and Special Needs Education
- Adult and Non Formal Education
- Special Needs Education
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS (DIRECT ENTRY)
Minimum of five (5) ‘O’ level passes, three of which must be at credit level including English and Mathematics. Two (2) of the credits must be relevant to proposed course of study. The candidates must also meet UTME cut off point.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Application forms are obtainable on-line Log on to www.fcet-gusau.com and make payment at any of the branches of Keystone Bank Plc. The cost of the form is three thousand naira only, (N3,000.00).
Completed application forms are to be submitted to the Academic Secretary, Office of the Registrar on or before 30th January, 2015.